Monday, June 20, 2005

First day in Bangkok

Finally I arrived in Bangkok and got a very nice room. Below you can see my view out of the balcony... It's a great view, isn't it? ;-)



Today I went to a Thai language school. It's quite near to my place, so I only need about 45 minutes by subway and skytrain. The schools name is AAA Thai School and they provide intense lessons, only taught in Thai. I would like to invest a lot in the Thai language, so I'll have a good fundament for my further traveling and mainly for joining the Volunthai project.

I belive language is a fundamental channel for communication, so a minimum understanding between people is possible. Withouth a simple and basic understanding of a language also a culture can't be understood. Since the thai culture is very different than the european culture I have to make this effort.

But I don't belive, that I'll be able to achive more than a basic understanding. Unfortunately I won't have enough time to invest so much in the language studies. Since misunderstanding is the basic form of communication, even between people talking in there mother tongues, I'm fine when I'll be able to follow the basic things :-)
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home