Saturday, October 15, 2005

River Cruise in Bangkok

I made a river cruise lately with a colleague and it was very nice. Below you can see a typical impression, while making a river cruise.


I made a few pictures available on my personal website, have a look here!

While cruising the river, there are many different impressions and some of them make you think a lot. The water of the river is very dirty and than you'll see many people swimming, bathing and even brushing there teeth in there. Surely it's not the most healthy thing to do, but I guess, if you don't have somewhere else to go, you won't think about that.

If you stay in Bangkok and you have a look at non-typical tourist places, you'll find out, that one of the main properties of Bangkok, are the contrasts. For me it's still very surprising, that it is possible to have so big contrasts in such a small place. The difference between the very poor and the very rich is huge and they just live one beside the other.

I don't understand, how this is possible and why there is no kind of "revolution", but maybe this is Buddhism...

1 Comments:

Blogger Coti Howell said...

This looks so nice! I am moving to Bangkok in 3 weeks and am really enjoying your blog.

21 July, 2010 17:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home