Tuesday, June 28, 2005

First week in Bangkok

The first week in Bangkok went by really fast. I had to arrange the school, check out the apartment and find a nice internet coffee shop... Now, everything is done, there are already some changes ahead :-)

The school I picked isn't really what I was looking for. The school teaches in phonetics and first I thought this might be some fun, but actually it's a waste of time. I can read Thai already and I don't want to study some strange phonetics to understand the teachers writing. Beside this, the teacher isn't very good and can't even talk in English. If she would be able to talk in English, she could explain certain grammatical items much better, but she can't -- or the other way round, it's very hard for me to understand her. Therefore I decided, that I'm looking for a new school. This afternoon I'll have a first trial lesson and I think I'll take a private lessons, so I'll be able to learn faster.

Beside there is a picture of my classmates at the current school. They are all Japanese and they are very nice people.

Sometimes they talk in Japanese in the class, so there is absolutely nothing to understand :-)

I had some interesting talks with some of them and we made some cost comparison between Switzerland and Japan and interestingly, it seems, that Switzerland is much more expensive than Japan.

I remember some worldwide BigMac comparison and it would be nice to see the prices and costs there. If anyone knows this comparison, please drop me a note.

This weekend I'm looking forward to go to Wat Mahatat. I would like to get some Vipassana lessons, and if I'm lucky, I can chat with some monks. I have some questions and they might have an interesting point of view about these questions :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home